2016 BEA Bursary Fund
Application Closing Date for 2016-2017 Academic Year: April 30, 2016
Eligibility Criteria (This is a one-time $500 bursary)
- African Nova Scotian (Black) learner – At least one parent to be of African descent
- Resident of Nova Scotia
- Demonstrate financial need
- Continuing studies at Post-Secondary institution (i.e., university, college, trade, school, etc)
- Studying toward first degree or diploma at Canadian post-secondary institution (including the Transition Year Program)
- All sections of the application MUST be completed
- All documents must be submitted to the Selection Committee by the deadline
- Incomplete applications will not be considered by the committee
- Only successful candidates will be notified
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Application Form (Download Form Now)
- Transcript – High School/Last institution
- Letter of acceptance (conditional acceptance)
- Personal Statement (Tell us about yourself/financial circumstances)
A) What BEA programs, if any, have you participated in?
B) Has participating in any of these programs made a positive impact on you?
- Two letters of reference (use A, B, C, as a guideline)
A) How long have you known the person and in what capacity?
B) Knowledge of the person’s accomplishments in his/her life?
C) Additional information that you think the selection committee should know.
Applications close at 4:00 pm on April 30, 2016
Black Educator’s Association
2136 Gottigen Street,
Halifax, NS B3K 3B3
BEA Scholarship Resources
• BEA Scholarship Book for High School (Download Now)
• BEA Scholarship Book for Post Secondary (Download Now)